Vintage uniforms dumpster save

joefriday22

joefriday22

These items came from a guy who works for a company that cleans out attics, garages, etc. The only info I have is that the previous owner of these items died at age 93 about 5 years ago.

The boots are stamped "Lt. E.G. Davis" inside and the manufacturer is "Dehner's Omaha" The postcard/tickets was found inside one of the boots.

I've had no luck finding any info on Lt. E.G. Davis or Colonel E. G. Davis. Any information on Mr. Davis or these items would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob

IMG_3569_zpsa1a9723f.jpg

IMG_3567_zps21d83c7b.jpg

IMG_3589_zps93620256.jpg

IMG_3591_zpsdce36de2.jpg

IMG_3592_zps1813bb01.jpg

IMG_3577_zps367d21b4.jpg

Here is an undated picture of E. G. Davis wearing the uniform (source: Virginia Tech Historical Photograph Collection):

post-1963-0-10671600-1367371820.jpg

post-1963-0-31711400-1367371851.jpg

joefriday22

Unreal..Thank you very much for taking the time to find the picture and post it.

Rob

The VPI yearbooks are online, you might try searching those. As he retired from the USAF, you could research him through the AF Historical Society also.

joefriday22

The VPI yearbooks are online, you might try searching those. As he retired from the USAF, you could research him through the AF Historical Society also.

Will try that..thank you.

Rob

An increadible find joe, and I second your UNREAL on the VPI portrait of Davis that Wailuna posted wearing this very same cadets uniform.

joefriday22

Thanks Patches..Hard to believe that the guys daughter would pay someone to throw it in the garbage.. The VPI coat looks like brand new.

Lee Ragan

Great looking uniforms. I can't decide which I like better, the Cadet uniform or the old USAF Silvertans. Thank goodness you managed to save them from the dump.