5th special forces group beret to a 2x dsc winner-posted for discussion

airbornemedals

Mike Force

Gentlemen,

There will be no personal attacks, name calling or bashing. This is a reminder.

Gentlemen,

There will be no personal attacks, name calling or bashing. This is a reminder.

I have to apologize @ all!

sorry,

Mike

airbornemedals

I am have been trying to stay out of this thread and not comment on it at all, as I know both mentioned dealers, Hardy & Tucker, but seeing how this thread is getting a little out of hand, I finally called Jason Hardy today.

What I am going to add next is from Jason.

According to Jason when this group was bought, it was bought by him and then he told Mike about what was left. He said there was no embroidered beret in the group, as if there was, why would he have left it. He also said this was the Veteran grouping he was talking about in his post on here a few months ago.

I really hate to see threads like this here on USMF, but instead of a bunch of speculation, the above couple of lines, are from the person being mentioned.

I hope everyone can get this cleared up, and move on.

I thank you kindly for this information. As I understand this beret was not a part of the effects of SGM Williams. What a unfortunate this situation is. I was told yesterday that it was in the group and was split. I will refrain from really speaking my mind in a forum but you can quite well imagine how I feel at this point. I feel intentionally misled and deceived. I also regret listing this item for sale based upon the word of the seller. I will seek an immediate refund for my beret and remove it from the for sale section. It seems the Vietnam segment of the hobby is little different from the German.

Longhorn92

The part I don't get is why any dealer or collector would want to deceive anyone when the participants in the Vietnam collecting arena are a pretty well known group and good pieces will eventually be shown, shared or sold for all to see.

I'm not even a collector and know that.

The part I don't get is why any dealer or collector would want to deceive anyone when the participants in the Vietnam collecting arena are a pretty well known group and good pieces will eventually be shown, shared or sold for all to see.

That is the question...

Simple...........two words GREED and MONEY.

Collecting has evolved into big business(to some) and the money means more than honesty.

Also these type dealers also have such a demand for these items that things get created to meet the demand.There is a well know dealer for some reason deals in selling fake painted helmets.He doesnt need the cash so is it done to meet the demand or done out of boredom or some perverse form of joy knowingly defrauding people??? Have they become so jaded or self important they really believe the items they pass off are real ?? Only they know the reason but in my thinking its just the money

airbornemedals

The beret is on the way back to the seller via recorded mail.I have not heard from him since it was discovered that he misled me yesterday. I will let everyone know if this ends well or not.

Well Owen, pour a new cup of tea and crack open some more biscuits. Looks like we are going to be waiting a while...