Vietnam Navy SEALS patches

RANDALL 1953

RANDALL 1953

Noticed some Vietnam Navy SEALS patches offered on various sites. While I know that most elite units never wore their uniforms patched for patrol, recon, etc. Patches were used on duty type uniforms for the rear. Although I cannot say that I have seen SEALS with them, I have seen photos of SOG & LRRPs wearing them in the rear. My question is what are the MST 2 patches for? I have seen them for Alpha, Golf, & Charlie. Are these the people who supported the SEAL teams by transporting them to their objectives? Info appreciated.

SEALs weren't too flashy when it came to insignia, usually a name tape, US NAVY and either Army or Navy/Marine jump wings depending on how many jumps they had before deployment. UDTs wore the same thing with a UDT 11, 12 or 13 Freddy the Frog patch on their left sleeve. The Trident wasn't worn till late war and even then it wasn't seen much. MST guys wore their patches on their right sleeves in pictures I have. Sometimes a SEAL Team 1, One or 2, TWO name tape were worn, Team One tapes tended to be in country made and Team Two was printed or in country. An LDNN patch or pocket hanger was worn sometimes on the right pocket(I have seen it on the left as well) sorta like SF guys did with LLDB patches/pocket hangers.