'60s Army Fatigues

INLAND44

Anybody know where I might find some standard 1960s OD fatigues (not 'jungle') and a 'baseball cap'? This is the type where the shirt is tucked in. The despised 'baseball cap' was the standard fatigue cap of the time and was made just like a regular ball cap except they didn't have the size adjuster but came in sizes. I probably should start haunting the 'Goodwill' store!

New Romantic

Check eBay for the shirts, there are a couple of early ones on there now. I just won a nice 1st pattern shirt off there last week. Decent sized hats are harder to come by. A friend of mine has NOS 1967 dated hats, but I think none are larger than size 7.

New Romantic

My dad and others he served with called it "The Hat from Hell." Hence some soldiers went to the PX to buy the better commercial made caps.

Here is a 1964 dated cap with 27th Infantry, "Wolfhounds" DI- the unit my father served with in SVN during 1966.

post-599-1206320521.jpg

I heard there was going to be a reunion of the Reserve unit I was in for awhile after my separation from active duty, so I thought I would 'dress' for it. I still have the original boots, and I thought I had a hat somewhere but have not turned it up yet. Maybe I can find a commercial OD ball cap that will be good enough for this purpose. I have the black rank pin that goes on the hat.

New Romantic
I heard there was going to be a reunion of the Reserve unit I was in for awhile after my separation from active duty, so I thought I would 'dress' for it. I still have the original boots, and I thought I had a hat somewhere but have not turned it up yet. Maybe I can find a commercial OD ball cap that will be good enough for this purpose. I have the black rank pin that goes on the hat.

Try http://www.mooremilitaria.com/

They make reproduction OG 107's . I have a set and they are great, identical to the originals. A set runs about $100. They also have the hats- 1960's dated. For the shirt they will make the white name tape for you, stamped lettering or embroidered and they also have the gold on black US Army tapes. I bought one of the US Army tapes but I feel their gold lettering is a bit too orange-yellow.