Senior Service Pilot Wing patterns and makers

mtnman

I have always felt that the Meyer wings with the little stilts were earlier (ie late WWII) than the Meyer wings with the large star.

A few years ago, Russ and I went albacore fishing down off of San Diego. Usually, I beat the tar out of him (I have scientific proof if anyone cares to hear about it), but this year, a semi-blind tuna apparently blundered into his fishing hook and impaled itself. By simple luck, that poor suicidal fish (who was clearly looking for a way out of the pressures of natural selection) turned out to be slightly larger (and by that I think it was sticking out its tongue) than the nobel fighting long fin that I managed to skillfully extract from the briny deep.

Since most of the trip was spent arguing about each other's fishing skills and who has the better collection of wings (Russ does!), I figured I would combine the two hobbies into one.

post-1519-0-38782300-1367991104.jpg

post-1519-0-91662900-1367991114.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now THAT is what collecting is about guys...the relationships we are Blessed with along the way. These men whom we meet by Grace, with whom we share this innate proclivity with and a precious and great Responsibility it is as well. To take Stewarship over these tiny monuments to the life events of a man who passed through the times of gargantuan convulsions of mankind either on the side of wickedness and lawless chaos which is the inevitable consequence of Tyranny's stranglehold on a nation or on the side of Righteousness and the transcendent stability and unequivocal rule of the Moral Law through divine Justice. Each collector has been given a heart which erupts in an empathy to the time and the gravity of the man's role who wore or used a particular relic. This comes with a commensurrate desire to preserve and complete the story of the man's journey and purpose through war, be it Just or unjust, both sides need be preserved, that history's errors not be repeated. Ever wonder why history was extricated from public school? With history obfuscated or stolen from their education, our children cannot see the truth in cases like recent developments where a clear history of WWII Nazi Germany's Gestapo gives a picture, very clear, of what the results are, of what this nation's leader is trying to do through the IRS. It is a very important thing we do men, and to seek the whole story behind the history these men passed through and to record and pass it on honestly, is a good and excellent foundation to build solid friendships on in common endeavor, as we see in these two men I respect so much, Patrick and Russ......Blessings in your Collecting Gentlemen..... Tally-Ho!