Olympic Flight Museum

It wasn't too bad. Some new dealers, and some regulars didn't show up, not as many dealers it seemed as in the past. There were some good finds at the show though.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm planning on being in the Tacoma area this spring. Would you please post the date of the Spring Olympia Show as soon as possible? Thanks in advance and I'll try to schedule my trip to coincide with the show.

Todd

The show is Saturday, Nov. 18th, and it is the only militaria show in the Olympia -Tacoma area, so plan on stopping by. Bring a friend to the militaria show, check it out, you will be glad you did.

I agree. It's a small show but it I've found a lot of neat stuff (and many screaming deals) there over the years.

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

Great show. As Lee stated earlier, lots of deals. I went up for the first time in March and I found lots of good stuff. I plan on going up this weekend.

Interested in Signal Corps Photographer Items (Uniforms, Equipment, Paperwork, Insignia)

In search of: PH-330A or A-4 35mm "Eyemo" camera

Reenactor - 165th Signal Photographic Company and 104th Infantry Division

The show went well.

Plenty of buyers, sold a lot more than I'd thought until I started counting the coin.

One serious regret was the seller behind me had a HGU55 helmet and O2 mask, I didn't look at the price until it was too late and it sold for just $35 total!

But I went to sell and not buy.

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

Had a great time! Picked up some nice pieces and had a lot of fun talking with vendors.

Interested in Signal Corps Photographer Items (Uniforms, Equipment, Paperwork, Insignia)

I guess while i'm online ill post a few pictures I took just before I left.

post-163492-0-02738300-1511068236_thumb.jpgpost-163492-0-65837100-1511068248_thumb.jpg

Some overall shots of the show. It looks like they towed the P51D away that they had in there to make more space.

A few more shots of some vendor tables.

post-163492-0-49420800-1511068395_thumb.jpg

Bought a map case from this guy.

post-163492-0-00680200-1511068434_thumb.jpg

This gentleman had some cool signed aviation art from WWI to Nam.

• 2 months later...