Olympic Flight Museum

m60a1d66

Tomorrow - Saturday November 17, 2018 - is the Big Day for the Olympic Flight Museum. Make plans to attend, bring a friend, and check out this militaria show and sales event.

post-113673-0-81998900-1542419026.jpg

Attended the show and I learned a great deal in a crash-course on Unit Crests from some knowledgeable collectors. When I recently bought a collection....it included approx.300+ Unit Crests...which I know very little about. But now I know "something".

Sold some items and picked up a German WWII porcelain mess-hall cup made in Norway.

post-153915-0-45550700-1542599090_thumb.jpg

No, unfortunately not very many public showed up, I didn't do too well sales wise, but other people did. Good show for buying though, I found some cool items, and always nice visiting with friends. Always a fun time at this show.

My first display at this show, or any show for that matter. Received a-lot of help from my wife, and my best pal. Thank you Deb and Joe

more

post-33759-0-81171200-1542851196_thumb.jpg

Not very many attendees...

The timing wasn't good. There was a great WWI event at the Lewis Museum on the same day. Otherwise, I would have been down to Olympia.

• 2 months later...

The next show in Olympia is March 16, one month away!

The attendance at the Olympia and Portland shows the last year have really seemed down, I encourage people in the Northwest to attend, there are great buys to be had and good people to meet. Always a good time at these shows.

Sounds like an update to the table prices this year:

"All tables are registered as sales tables (no display only tables).

Tables registered in advance of the show are $30 for the first table and $20 for additional tables.

Tables on the day of the show (Saturday), are $40 for the first table and $30 for additional tables.

There is no guarantee that additional tables will be available on Saturday if you have not pre-registered for tables."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
agate hunter

Ok everyone, show is this Saturday. Should be nice weather. Leave the yardwork for another day and come to the show! ​Always a good time.

REMEMBER THE NEXT ONE ISN'T TIL NOVEMBER!

Had a great time today talking to many of you folks today. I walked away with a a few pieces and even scored one for a friend and fellow collector (and fellow USMFer who couldn't make it today). My wife wanted to go today, too (her second time) which made it even more enjoyable.

Nice small show....sold some items and saw a nice display of coastal artillery insignia (crossed cannons w/#s under).

My friend brought some info on his grandfather’s WWI service along with some pictures and dog tags. I recommended that he post some into here ...I gave him a mini pin for WWI Victory medal and a Bronze star WWI pin. He has info on the unit he was attached to....328th artillery regiment...but the unit was moved about. Trying to determine the WWI victory medal w/clasps he was awarded or took part in....in addition he was gassed so he should have been awarded the PH ...he also passed away in a VA hospital in the 60’s. He came from Michigan so the state archives or record office should have the WWI bonus info or other info.

Does anyone know the specific address of the office which my friend could ask/query? Thank you

• 5 months later...