Olympic Flight Museum

m60a1d66

There is a Militria show and sale at the Olympic Flight Museum twice a year in Olympia, Washington. Its held in the Fall and in the Spring and if you are from area it is well worth the time to check it out. Check out their website for event dates and times.

usmc004_zps2ecdce21.jpg

• 3 months later...

They also have their annual air show coming up this weekend, 10-11 August.

My group will have a large WW2 display, the vehicle collector group usually shows up and there's usually a nice 'Nam display, too. Lots of militaria to be seen, but none for sale.

I'll be there with pretty much the same display I had last year (but should be much better weather than years past):

BMI-061612-002.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The militaria show for this spring will take place on March 8th. I just confirmed two sales tables for it.

Their website might say it's another date, but it's for sure on the 8th.

Also, I confirmed with them that the air show will be on Father's Day weekend again. The move to August last year turned out to be a bad move as it'd been in June all these years and people just didn't know when to go (I am told that many people walked up to the building on Father's Day weekend last year, asking where the air show was). Ironically, they did that because the weather that weekend had been so poor for several years (one year we were all wearing field jackets for warmth... in June!).

• 2 weeks later...

FYI to anyone who's never been there before: Do not try to use your cell phone in that building. There's no signal and the searching for one will deplete the batteries of most cell phones very quickly. Mine was completely dead (and pretty draned warm) before lunch at the last show. Turn your phone off while you're in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thety must6 have advertised better this time, there was a steady stream of buyers ambling through until late afternoon.

Only picked up one TM, but sold a bunch of stuff!

Missed it this time. Just got back from the SOS and couldn't make it down. Sounds like it was a good show.

Kurt

• 1 month later...

There is a Militria show and sale at the Olympic Flight Museum twice a year in Olympia, Washington. Its held in the Fall and in the Spring and if you are from area it is well worth the time to check it out. Check out their website for event dates and times.

usmc004_zps2ecdce21.jpg

post-113673-0-54191500-1397533365.jpg

The airshow is Father's Day weekend again this year. Their Corsair is finally coming back after a several-year rebuild.

Also, the CAF's B-29 will be flying there that weekend!

The airshow is Father's Day weekend again this year. Their Corsair is finally coming back after a several-year rebuild.

Also, the CAF's B-29 will be flying there that weekend!

Lee,

Thanks for the update !

Where else can you go to a Militria show and there is a P-51 in the same area as the show?

I see you got Uncle Grumpy in the photo!

Kurt

Uncle Grumpy = Kurt. No way ! Is this you?

I had been thinking that there was very little mention about the OMF show on this forum so I just wanted to post some pictures to spark up some interest. This OMF show has great potential.

Actually it's not me, but another member of this forum whose ID is Uncle Grumpy. I've known him since the 80's.

I have been to the show, but missed the last one.

Kurt

The last show was really good. Plenty of dealers and buyers, too. LOTS of good deals to had at that one.

Also, I'm lucky in that I don't show up in many (if any) photos of that event. I'm sneaky and ninja-like in that regard!

• 4 months later...

Next show is Saturday October 4, 2014 from 10am-4pm (8-4 for vendors and early arrival shoppers). $10 for 8am shopper arrival and $5 for 10am and after. $10 display tables, $25 sale tables.

• 4 weeks later...
agate hunter

Almost show time. Militaria show at Olympic Flight Museum this Saturday October 4. Will be having a sale table and a couple display tables.

agate hunter

It was pretty slow with selling and attendance. Did manage to find some cool stuff though:

The Coast Guard Norwester book is an annual from 1945 about the USCG Auxiliary and Reserve in the Pacific NW. A very cool local find.

post-10495-0-71002900-1412648936.jpg

post-10495-0-46836200-1412648899.jpg