brandon_rss18 finds

brandon_rss18

IMPERIAL QUEST
yep, goose creek emporium!!! Im surprised you know about it! I will have to go back and look around closer. I was just very surprised to see them there.

Yep, that's the one. I always have my antiques detector on. About two years ago I took a drive through there on my lunch break...I'm going to have to go back before you get a chance... :unsure:

brandon_rss18
Yep, that's the one. I always have my antiques detector on. About two years ago I took a drive through there on my lunch break...I'm going to have to go back before you get a chance... :unsure:

Ha, well see about that! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
brandon_rss18

Well picked all these up for $15. I bought the silver canister not knowing what it is but it does say Air Corp US Army on the top. Do any of you know what this was for? Also bought the rifle bore cleaning oil. Is this WW2 era? Thanks guys.

post-2378-1215289175.jpgpost-2378-1215289194.jpgpost-2378-1215289204.jpgpost-2378-1215289216.jpg

post-2378-1215289229.jpgpost-2378-1215289237.jpg

I have heard two explanations for that flask. One is that it contained alcohol to spray in carburetors to help starting and the other is it contained (?) for cleaning aircraft windshields. In either case it is supposedly WWI era. I have no idea if any of this information is true.

Tom thumbsup.gif

Actually, I don't think they were called the Air Corps then. They were called that during the inter-war period. As I said, my information on the flask is, at best, hearsay.

By the way, I have one, too.

Tom thumbsup.gif

brandon_rss18

lol so I guess this is a mystery flask :lol: I have looked on the internet and the only one i can find is on ebay and he doesn't fully know what it is either

brandon_rss18
The brooks field grad book is cool - looks to be in perfect condition. Very Nice!

John

Yeah the book is in VERY good shape fr its age. I did have to clean the outside up some though as it was yellowed some, but turned out nice. Thanks for the compliment John.

brandon_rss18

Anyone know if the rifle bore cleaner is WW2 era? and if anyone knows more info on the air corps flask shaped container PLEASE feel free to post it!!!! Thanks guys!

brandon_rss18

Went to an antique store and really didnt see anything but looked down ans saw a box holding a lot of stuff for sale, s i asked if i could just buy the box the stuff was in ans he told me $25, so i went home with it and happy with it. Any info on what used to be in it would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

post-2378-1215383597.jpgpost-2378-1215383607.jpgpost-2378-1215383615.jpgpost-2378-1215383624.jpgpost-2378-1215383633.jpg

Went to an antique store and really didnt see anything but looked down ans saw a box holding a lot of stuff for sale, s i asked if i could just buy the box the stuff was in ans he told me $25, so i went home with it and happy with it. Any info on what used to be in it would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

post-2378-1215383597.jpgpost-2378-1215383607.jpgpost-2378-1215383615.jpgpost-2378-1215383624.jpgpost-2378-1215383633.jpg

Looks like a Wooden Crate for 4.2" Illumination Rounds for the 4.2" Chemical Mortar and it looks like it is dated 4-62

If I accidentally buy one more Vietnam item im going to go crazy!!! pinch.gif

Brandon,

I think it is fate! :) Soon you will find a pair of 68 dated jungle boots for a price you can't pass up, then it will be a boonie hat and it will just continue on from there! So sit back and enjoy the ride! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
brandon_rss18

I have the chance to buy this item but wanted to make sure it is what he says it is. I was told that this was a box that was dropped with a chute to give the troops on the grouns suplies. Is this right? Are these desireable? Thanks guys.

post-2378-1217291134.jpg