94th ID/16th AD Uniform

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Attended the MVCC Show at Tower Park this past week. Picked up a few items, among them was this uniform set from the State Military Reserve Museum. They were selling bunches of WWII to Korean War uniform sets. I got the pick of the litter. There were three others I wanted but they ended up taking those out of the pile to give to other museums.

All matching, fully patched. Interesting that the shirt has one less overseas stripe and the patches are reversed.

100_8958_zpsf2cbf56b.jpg100_8959_zpsa39baf7f.jpg

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Someone moved the collar brass from it's original location, but other than that, this item is very nice.

100_8964_zps438e35c8.jpg

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I liked it too!

It's not often to see a 4 pocket with a forgerre, ribbons, double patched and cross-stitched. Obviously this young man served in the ETO after WWII and may have been on duty as an MP during the occupation period. Original cross-stitched uniforms are pretty neat to find and it's apparent that he spent some time carefully stitching up his uniform. Looks like he went to Tech Corporal and didn't bother to cross-stitch his rank.

Anyone wonder why the patches on his shirt are opposite from the jacket? Usually the left SSI migrates, depending on the unit, but the right SSI stays the same, considering the time period.

Rock

A very attractive uniform, but I'm not sure about the double collar brass. That style was only authorized for a very short time in the early 50s.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

The State Military Reserve maintains the museum up in Sacramento and sells off surplus uniforms. I suspect that this young soldier may have served in the reserve at one point perhaps? Either way, I'm not messing with it.

Rock

What I think is odd is the invasion arrowhead. Also looking at the 16th AD's history only 28 guys were WIA. So looks like you have a pretty interesting uniform!

carbinephalen

What I think is odd is the invasion arrowhead. Also looking at the 16th AD's history only 28 guys were WIA. So looks like you have a pretty interesting uniform!

I was thinking the same thing about the 16th AD WIA thing.

I'm curious if he was a 94th-er who didn't want to remove the fancy stitching on his 94th patch on the left sleeve when he changed units!

And I really don't think any units in the 16th were awarded the MUC either. My gut tells me 94th to 16th Armored.

No Infantry Regiment in the 94th Inf Div was awarded a MUC . And neither Division had elements that were awarded either the French or Beligium Fourragere. My thoughts, we would have to find a unit within the 94th Inf Div that was awarded a MUC.