Question On Different Multicam (OEF) Helmet Cover

pump 150

Wanted to know from those that collect modern helmets if they have any info on this one. Much different than the standard infantry model. Have not seen these in use as of yet.

Large hole in front for NVG mount and larger rear comm pouch with exterior Velcro. Eleven securing tabs instead of the standard seven with cut outs for the chinstraps much like the newer USMC models, along with IR squares.

Is this designed for Special Ops or maybe test? No luck yet getting info from the contract number.

Thanks

post-98601-0-11020900-1366570732.jpg

post-98601-0-82411500-1366570746.jpg

I don't know what that is. I just did some research and found this:

http://www.soldiermod.com/summer-08/features-night-vision.html

I'm gonna keep digging. Nice helmet cover and *possibly* rare.

*edit*

More info about contract size on the ENVG. Looks like around 600 were produced, so it would make sense that 600 of those were produced as well for testing.

http://defense-update.com/products/e/envg.html

Thanks for digging this up for me RedLeg, much appreciated.

Very interesting articles. That second one with the photo of the soldier with the modified front plate looks like it would fit nicely in the front opening of the cover.

Thanks again Bill

Got to the party late. The ENVG is a very interesting piece of equipment, the SF guys we were co-located with were on my last tour had them. They are only for ground troops because FLIR cannot see through glass, aviators cannot use them. I would say that your cover is one of the first produced for A-stan and with the drawdown coming in a year and a half, I wouldn't expect to see very many more, so I would hold onto this if I was you. Good score!