Between Heaven And Hell

patches

• 2 weeks later...
panzerbait

I found this movie on dvd in Shopko years ago...on one of those dvd racks right next to the check out line (next to the soda pop and candy) that bored guys like me thumbed through while waiting to buy other things. I thought it was quite good...and Robert Wagner with a B.A.R. was almost as cool as Steve McQueen with a B.A.R. in the Sand Pebbles. nd yes I first saw it on a Saturday morning matinee. There were a lot of good old war movies that used to be shown on Saturday mornings...but I think the PC police has caught up with us and alas, they're nowhere to be seen anymore.

It's OK, I liked the aspect of it being about the 31st Division, it's not mentioned, but it was the only National Guard unit from the Deep South. The only real reason why I thought about this movie was History Buff mentioning footage in another topic reguarding a 1950s movie where a current Army unit is seen as extras, patches and all, in this movie during the Beach scene, we see that the troops are of the 25th Inf Div, patches and M45 web gear and all, and that makes sense since it was filmed in Hawaii. Wagner and the BAR scene at the end I will admit is rather iconic among war movie buffs.

Overall, it's a decent movie and does get you involved in another aspect of war and how men can become good friends from different walks of life and what happens to them after the war.

Anyone got a good image of Wagner charging though the Jungle firing his BAR? Can't seem to find an online image of this,only a not so good VHS box cover, maybe History Buff has or can get one???

history-buff1944

If anyone is interested? I know a source that has a few good movie stills for this movie available for a good price.

• 6 years later...

Found this one, but its not from the finally where he's crazily running though the jungle firing like mad.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/c/cd/BHaH-BAR4.jpg

On 5/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, BILL THE PATCH said:

I love Brodrick Crawford in this movie

Frank Gorshin was good as that nutty HQ guyThe Riddler' Frank Gorshin Dies at 72 - Chicago Tribune ?

Frank Gorshin playing a nutty character? Who would have thunk it?

I don't remember this movie, so I'll need to keep an eye out for it. 

On 5/4/2020 at 8:22 PM, mikie said:

Frank Gorshin playing a nutty character? Who would have thunk it?

I don't remember this movie, so I'll need to keep an eye out for it. 

I just finished rewatching 12 Monkeys I got on DVD LOL, he's in as you know, plays a shrink.

12 Monkeys (1995)

GUYS--- IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF THIS MOVIE, IN YOUR ADDRESS BAR TYPE IN --- BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL ALAMY. STOCK PHOTOS WILL COME UP. YOU CAN DO THIS TO ANY MOVIE.

4 hours ago, Costa said:

GUYS--- IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF THIS MOVIE, IN YOUR ADDRESS BAR TYPE IN --- BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL ALAMY. STOCK PHOTOS WILL COME UP. YOU CAN DO THIS TO ANY MOVIE.

This is true, but these can't be posted here because they are copyrighted.