War Trophy Certificates

Bob Hudson

USCapturephotos

Wow, just took a look at the railway eagle. What an awesome find in itself; the information added to it by the vet is the icing on the cake!

There's a couple card shops not far from me. I'll have to ad them to my list of regular places to check!

Ha. Thanks Eric. I normally wouldn't have checked there but another friend who collects militaria gave me the heads up about it. We live so close to each other maybe we could meet up and talk shop sometime. Do you hit any of the flea markets around us? I go to the Golden Nugget in Lambertville NJ pretty regularly and a few others too.

Paul

BigDogMilitaria

P38 Pistol brought back by a friends Dad. I was able to put the grouping back together after some of the guns were sold off. Shortly after getting the last piece, my friend found a box of his Dad stuff, and it a booklet we found the capture papers. The original holster is still with it also. The Vet was in the 90th ID.

post-2-0-41642500-1452356441.jpg

P38 Pistol brought back by a friends Dad. I was able to put the grouping back together after some of the guns were sold off. Shortly after getting the last piece, my friend found a box of his Dad stuff, and it a booklet we found the capture papers. The original holster is still with it also. The Vet was in the 90th ID.

capturepaper1_zpsfd1a8afb.jpg

That's great save!

• 2 years later...
Trevor M. Larson

How about capture papers for a #erd luger and a #erd luger to match? Luger is currently in possession of another family member so I don't have pictures of the numbers

post-159417-0-15269400-1441157137.jpg

post-159417-0-20262800-1441157319.jpg

Hey Eric. No. If it was I would surely let you know. He was somebody from the Midwest I had been talking to for quite sometime. I thought there was a return policy but he wouldn't take the stuff back nor send me my money back. Anyway, live and learn I guess. Hey by the way, the eagle turned up at a card shop near the Oxford Valley Mall of all places..not too far from you.

We probably dealt with the same dealer. PM me if you'd like.

• 4 weeks later...

Years ago I had a tag in an old wood frame that was for a Mauser brought back from Cuba in1898! The gun had long ago disappeared, I just bought the tag because it was really cool. The serial number of the rifle was on it in ink, so monkeying around with it would have been difficult. Someone offered me fifty bucks for it and I let it go. One of my mistakes.

Years ago I had a tag in an old wood frame that was for a Mauser brought back from Cuba in1898! The gun had long ago disappeared, I just bought the tag because it was really cool. The serial number of the rifle was on it in ink, so monkeying around with it would have been difficult. Someone offered me fifty bucks for it and I let it go. One of my mistakes.

• 3 months later...

Here's one I recently got. 276th IR, 70th Div. Unfortunately can't make out the guys name any further than PFC Jerry J H....

post-4808-0-30635700-1452355712.jpg

post-4808-0-91700000-1452355722.jpg