1950s German Camo for US Forces

on-to-berlin

I wanted to add to this thread, rather than start a new one. This is an image of someone in the US Army in a Signal Corps unit who served in Germany n the early 60's. He appears to be wearing Flecktarn or something similar. I'm not sure if it was the West Germans or Austrians that wore Flecktarn at that time.

post-257-0-40112500-1392062535.jpg

I wanted to add to this thread, rather than start a new one. This is an image of someone in the US Army in a Signal Corps unit who served in Germany n the early 60's. He appears to be wearing Flecktarn or something similar. I'm not sure if it was the West Germans or Austrians that wore Flecktarn at that time.

attachicon.gifcamo.jpg

Maybe it's a Hawaiian Shirt he possing in :lol:

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this fit's here, but I recently acquired an odd shirt on ebay. Its a OG107/Utility shirt in the BGS Sumpfmuster Pattern. Has the same buttons, pocket layout, and even the same size as a OG507 durapress uniform I have!

No clue what the origin is; Info on the tag doesn't bring anything up on google. The material is too thin to be surplus/german fabric. I'm guessing its some sort of civilian hunting shirt, but this sure is an odd pattern and uniform to combine!

wIpd1IH.jpg

Not sure if this fit's here, but I recently acquired an odd shirt on ebay. Its a OG107/Utility shirt in the BGS Sumpfmuster Pattern. Has the same buttons, pocket layout, and even the same size as a OG507 durapress uniform I have!

No clue what the origin is; Info on the tag doesn't bring anything up on google. The material is too thin to be surplus/german fabric. I'm guessing its some sort of civilian hunting shirt, but this sure is an odd pattern and uniform to combine!

wIpd1IH.jpg

Just theorizing here but maybe the factory that made the OG-107 shirts somehow acquired a bunch of the German material on the cheap and just used the same dies/patterns (would they have had computer driven equipment then? I wouldn't think so but I don't know) to make some commercial shirts, using excess buttons.

• 1 month later...

Just theorizing here but maybe the factory that made the OG-107 shirts somehow acquired a bunch of the German material on the cheap and just used the same dies/patterns (would they have had computer driven equipment then? I wouldn't think so but I don't know) to make some commercial shirts, using excess buttons.

As a textile sourcer in the Far East a long time ago I came across a roll of this material (or similar) in one of the seconds textile shops. It wasn't the german stuff which was thicker and printed with better detail. I would say some of this stuff ended up being made into Libyan Army uniforms (or were perhaps the leftovers from that contract). I still have a sample swatch I cut from the roll somewhere ...