WWII Collar Ranks

I have a gold colored collar rank from WWII, I think? Did they where these during WWII? When did they go to the black collar ranks?

Thanks,

Sean

I found this in my grandfather's stuff, but I was sure it couldn't be his? Maybe I'm wrong.

post-20483-0-67798600-1366471954.png

I suspected that. When did soldiers start wearing the metal collars?

Here is another one of his pins for his WWII unit. Would this be a reissue? I know there was an Aussie made one like this, per my dui book.

Thanks for the responses.

Sean

post-20483-0-40236900-1366472791.png

The shiny brass pin-on rank insignia came out in about 1975 and to the best of my knowledge, is still in use.

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

I think the mess hall workers, cooks and etc. used them on their whites.

These brass rank were also worn on the short sleeve green shirt as part of the class B service uniform during the 70's and were replaced by the shoulder epaulet ranks starting in 1980. They remained in used after that on various garmets such as the raincoat/topcoat and the aforementioned cooks & bakers whites.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif