Vietnam M14's with Starlight scopes and suppressors

ReverendJake

ReverendJake

Thanks! I've had these pictures (on my computer) for a while, I don't know why I didn't share them earlier. What timeframe do you guys think this is? I'm guessing 69-70.

blitzkrieg gsd

I'm wondering if these guys are part of the phoenix program. A lot of the spotters used the m14 with starlite scopes but never have I saw one suppressed.

Heck a M14 is heavy enough with the weight of the scope and supressor. I took my M1a moose hunting once and after a few hours wished I hadn't. Sure would like a supressor and night scope for mine. I did notice that the men could use a hair cut.

ReverendJake

Great photos. My father brought me back a pair of Ho Chi Minh sandals from his tour in Vietnam.

Certainly a great bringback From what I understand, the GIs loved em.

• 2 weeks later...

I once flew in the jumpseat of one of our Hueys (I was one of the pilots) sitting just behind and centered between the pilots and used a Starlight scope to try to fly into a valley at low level. While we accomplished the mission successfully, we never put it into actual use. the view through the scope at night under speed is disconcerting and I almost experienced vertigo. Luckily in the moonless night, the crew could still see the crests of the surrounding ridges. It was amazing how many green reflections came out of the blackness.