USN Willson Goggles

carrabassett

carrabassett

Picked these up last weekend at an antique mall here in Maine. They were named on the goggle strap twice to Mortimer Wright but there is also a name tag on the case (top) which is very hard to make out. I can see 'Lt.' but then the first name is either Adam or ? and the last name looks like it begins with 'T' and ends in 'son' but really tough to see. There are four numbers after the name, service no.? Also, 'Lexington, USN, 1939' is on the bottom of the tag and I wonder if he was a carrier pilot on the USS Lexington? Actually looks like possibly even another name in pencil on the factory label! Anyway, a beautiful pair of goggles that hardly look like they were ever worn and are still very soft and supple. Never had a pair with all the original packing, box and label before.

post-3604-0-75006400-1366326199.jpg post-3604-0-56615800-1366326209.jpg post-3604-0-66851200-1366326220.jpg

Great looking goggles and to have the packaging as well. Nice score. Getting tough to find those old goggles with good rubber now a days.

Those are extremely nice.......rather scarce in that condition today. I think that may be a commercial box as Wilson sold thier military pattern goggles on the open market. It really does not matter.....my father had a pair of Wilsons, they came in a brown, anchor marked box, with Navy stores markings. I think you will find Navy goggles served up in a sundry of boxes.