Can anybody help put a first name on this USAF Captains uniform

The Rookie

Former army enlisted man, probably served during Desert Storm but did not deploy overseas. In fact, there's longevity clusters for 20 years of service but no evidence at all of ANY deployments (no short-tour or long-tour ribbons either). Anything on the inside pocket tag?

With the blue name tag I'm guessing that the Captain served form the 1960's to the 1980's. the USAF wore the Army Good Conduct Medal prior to June 1st, 1963, and if awarded it prior to that date could wear the medal. After 1963 the USAF came out with their Good Conduct Medal. The uniform looks like it belonged to a security police officer with that ribbon setup. Its just a guess with out seeing if it has a security police badge and missing occupational badge.

Mark

I would have thought the army GCM would have rolled over into the AF version seeing as he wears that one also with 2 OLCs. As GCMs as enlisted medals, he spent a dozen or so years as an enlisted man which would help explain an O-3 with 20 years service.

I would have thought the army GCM would have rolled over into the AF version seeing as he wears that one also with 2 OLCs. As GCMs as enlisted medals, he spent a dozen or so years as an enlisted man which would help explain an O-3 with 20 years service.

I am not sure it would have. If he was prior Army then transferred into the Air Force, then I would think that he would wear both as it is a personal award. If he was awarded an ARCOM and then transferred, he still would wear the ARCOM and not an AFCOM.

With the blue name tag I'm guessing that the Captain served form the 1960's to the 1980's. the USAF wore the Army Good Conduct Medal prior to June 1st, 1963, and if awarded it prior to that date could wear the medal. After 1963 the USAF came out with their Good Conduct Medal. The uniform looks like it belonged to a security police officer with that ribbon setup. Its just a guess with out seeing if it has a security police badge and missing occupational badge.

Mark

Mark, When did USAF officer's begin to wear the occupational skill badges? Did every skill have one?

I am not sure it would have. If he was prior Army then transferred into the Air Force, then I would think that he would wear both as it is a personal award. If he was awarded an ARCOM and then transferred, he still would wear the ARCOM and not an AFCOM.

That was my original thought, but if he was USAF the whole time and was awarded an army-style GCM prior to 1963, would it have become an air force one when they started awarding their own? I don't know how that worked.

No name on the inside , just a hand written 40w .. the pants do have a laundery number 0552 ... how can I go about finding a first name .. from my google search there are alot of Bensons who were captains.

Try to trace where the uniform was sold, see if the original owner was from that area and go from there. Look at obituaries, newspaper articles, and the phone book from the area.