CASU 16 WWII Unit History Carrier Aircraft Repair Unit

Fly USMC

Picked this up last weekend. Not Marine Corps related, but a nice Unit History with some great Photos. I will end up selling or trading this eventually, but thought I would show it here

post-5056-0-12588200-1366231742.jpg

post-5056-0-12260800-1366231757.jpg

post-5056-0-26385100-1366231776.jpg

I would love to see this book, CASU 16 took over the base that was established by ACORN 14 after the invasion. An old neighbor was a member of ACORN 14,

• 2 years later...

My Dad served in a CASU on Tarawa after the invasion. I would love to get a closer look at the pictures and any other information. How can I get more informaton?

My Dad served in a CASU on Tarawa after the invasion. I would love to get a closer look at the pictures and any other information. How can I get more informaton?

I sold the book a year or two ago to someone on this form. Maybe they will contact you. there are great photos in it. Good luck

• 2 years later...

Deckape63. My father also served with the CASU-16 unit on Tarawa. I have his unit book like the one that is depicted above. Do you have any idea of their history that you can provide like the naval vessel they rode from Barbers Pt., Hawaii to Tarawa? What was your fathers name? What section was he in. Is he still with us? My father passed away in Jan. 2001. He would never talk about his time in the war. I don't even know exactly what his duties were and would love to find some answers to his service.My email is [email protected] is you would like to converse or whatever.

• 2 years later...

Hello, My Dad was on Tarawa with CASU 16. I have pictures of "Tonys Tin Knockers" ( the ,metalsmith guys who fix plane skins.) He is in the book : On the beam with CASU 16" Albert Cook, from Hilliards, PA. I know of one copy of this book in a library in Oregon. Would've to get a copy!

LCDR Steve Cook, USN Retired

• 2 years later...

I know it’s been awhile. My grandpa was in casu 16, 20 and 36. I have many photos of the men he served with one named Archie and pops (says he’s deceased on back of photo circa 1943) he was a parachute rigger. The book mentioned above I have as well.  If anyone can please share photos or would like more of mine be great I want to know everything about my grandpas time in the atolls. 

21A6407C-A124-412A-AAE5-17EB7EA64FB1.jpeg

355B48C3-8A16-45CB-BC8F-9DE41C9F089A.jpeg

72A78505-30DE-4D5A-9693-3B36829E3E43.jpeg