WARD Wing - Women's Air Raid Defense, Hawaii

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Years ago I remember seeing an id on this wing. I want to believe it was something to do with Hawaii and it was related to a early warning Women's unit / group.

Has anyone seen this or remember that id? I thought it was here on the USMF.

Thanks.

ward.jpg

Bob,

This is the Women's Air Raid Defense out of Hawaii. There was a book written about them called "Shuffleboard Pilots".

Great wing! I have the book but not the wing! :)

...Kat

vintageproductions

Thanks everyone.

I used to own this and the collector who bought it from years ago, now wants to sell my part of his collection. I asked where the paperwork / research was on the wing that I originally gave him, and he said he lost it.

Now to just see if we can come to an agreement on price for the collection.

Thanks again.

firefighter

Beautiful set of wings.I have never seen or even heard of this group. :o Since they are for females are they 3" wings?

• 3 weeks later...
yyellowrose

Hello!

We were just excited to see your post! BG Hardaway and Lee are his parents. Lee Hardaway just passed away and General Hardaway is still alive and is most anxious to procure the WARDs wings with her name scratched on the back,a copy of her photo and the WARDs certificate. The estate sale was done so quickly and the family didn't get a chance to review some of the boxes. How might he bid for some of these items? I don't know what other medals you may have of his as well. I see you are in Texas. His son, COL Hardaway (ret) and I live in San Antonio and would love to meet you.

Hop to hear from you. My email is [email protected]