Theater Made RIV PAT Sec 532 Patch

I got to look at this patch today, and was able to snap a few pictures. It is from the the vet himself, and was curious about value. (There is some slight glue residue on the back.)

IMG_0472_zpsdf543863.jpg

IMG_0468_zps3052640f.jpg

IMG_0469_zpsdf87c9c5.jpg

IMG_0470_zpsa03d9fe8.jpg

IMG_0471_zps0c0d3e29.jpg

Uniforms of the Day

That's a nice patch. Value is so difficult with Vietnam related insignia because collectors are so inundated by offerings of reproductions - even good reproductions - they are often fearful to spend much. But the advanced collectors will usually pay premium prices for good pieces. My guess would be in the 50-125 range. Photos of the vet wearing the patch or copies of documents showing service with that unit would really bolster the value. Provenance with this stuff means everything. I'm sure others will chime in on my value guesstimate.

River Patrol

A quilted Vietnamese variant that's tough to find. Great patch!

• 7 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

VAS081917.jpg.53df26a74d71411a4a63449899565951.jpg

Mekong Delta, Republic of Vietnam. U.S Navy Gunner's mate third class Barry Jonhson of Satsuma, Alabama, returns enemy fire with teh M-60 machine gun aboard his U.S. Navy river patrol boat (PBR). The enemy opened fire on the PBR as it moved along the canal near Tan Dinh Island during Operation Bold Dragon III. Photographer: PH1 L.R. Robinson 26 March 1968. From the John Whitehair Collection of the Texas Tech University Vietnam Center & Sam Johnson Vietnam Archive.