82nd airborne support battalion patch

USMarineCorps

USMarineCorps

hi all,

I recently purchased this beautiful patch and i was wondering how much it would be worth.

I believe these are quite scarce as i've only seen a few of them before.

And if you'ld be interested in this one, you may always PM me ;)

thank you for having a look at it!

Frederik

post-54106-0-66548600-1366130841.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

hi, as far as this patch being rare, i don't think it is, i tried to sell one on here a few months back, i only had 20.00 on it, and it was a real one not a repo. nobody wanted it. thanks bill

More likely 82nd Support Group ('57-'64) or possibly 82nd Division Support Command (DISCOM) after 1964, rather than "82nd Support Battalion". 82nd Support Battalion is a different and smaller unit entirely that did not come into being until 1968.

As others have said, its relatively common in the world of post WWII pocket patches.

-Vance

Anyone seen photos of this being worn? units of the 82nd Abn Div were not the greatest of pocket patch wearers back in the day, not even in the 11th Abn or 101st Abn Div's for that matter.

• 7 years later...
On 4/16/2013 at 11:53 AM, patches said:

Anyone seen photos of this being worn? units of the 82nd Abn Div were not the greatest of pocket patch wearers back in the day, not even in the 11th Abn or 101st Abn Div's for that matter.

And here's one on a 1st Pattern OG 107, no date on shirt given, but with those Brown OD buttons will be a early 50s (1953) to late 50s (I believe those come out in 1958 or 59 the Green OD ones) one, Green OD ones come out . Item sold long time ago, a Medical Corps Captain, not sure on the officer, I did find one William M. McCall MC Captain, Reserve Commissioned, Perm Grade is Captain July 1966, again it my not be him, there may have been another McCall Cpt MC earlier, maybe a Reserve Commissioned as there are no USAR/NG lists available for viewing before 1967, with this McCall getting out by say 65-66.  I say as this shirt with the Khaki Twill collar patches is something typical in the early to mid 60s (and earlier) rather then 1966-68.

og-107-fatigu.jpg

og-107-fatigue-s.jpg

og-107-fat.jpg

• 1 year later...