Latest restoration project, Thompson stocks

hawkdriver

Recently while buying from one of my local haunts, the guy takes me in the back and "shows" me something I need. He explains that some guy was wanting to buy them to cut up and make ink pen bodies. I couldn't have that, so here they are.

They had been sitting in a barn for quite a few years until the guy died. They were completely covered in dirt and spider webs. There were 15 total and about half had minor defects such as chatter from whatever planer cut them. All have the front screw, but nothing else. I will probably post these for sale when I get them done.

280m9aw.jpg

314wdjo.jpg

This is the first one done. They were quite dry, so I used some wood restoration liquid to get them back to par. The wood gouge is one of the worst of them all.

xsw1f.jpg

Leatherwringer

way to bring them back to life! I do like the idea of using old wood material that has a good story for pen bodies but I am glad

you saved these to go around another cycle!

I don't think I was planning on it, just fell in my lap that way.

You can expect to be the butt of some humour! :lol: (pun in-tended)

MichaelDecker

Awsome! would you consider selling one without cleaning it? (i'm broke, and I have more time to spend than money :unsure: )

Great find!

Unfortunately, I have finished cleaning and refurbing them. I do have some that have some damage that I would be willing to sell cheaper. PM me if interested.