Let's see some mounted groups

wolfman

On 4/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, pathfinder11 said:

These remain with the family, but the miniatures of Colonel David L. Hardee, executive officer of the Provisional Air Corps Regiment. Posthumously, these should also include a second Purple Heart, POW Medal, and Philippine Independence Medal. 

CIMG7048.jpg

Just scrolled up to see some recent posts over the last year and this one caught my eye.    I've always enjoyed seeing medal groups with multi-service branch awards, and this one is a doozie with Army Col. Hardee,  survivor and chronicler of the Bataan Death March,  having earlier been awarded the storied Yangtze Service medal.    It would be neat  to see the full size group for this one.  

"On September 12, 1929, Hardee and his family moved to the Philippines where he served with the 31st Infantry in the Cuartel de Espana in Manila. His second daughter, Mary Lucile, was born in Sternberg General Hospital, Manila, on December 18, 1931. In February 1932, Hardee and the regiment shipped out to Shanghai, China, to guard a section of the International Settlement, returning to Manila in July. For his involvement, Hardee received the Yangtze Service Medal, awarded by the Commandant of the Marine Corps on March 13, 1935."

His bio-

https://www.dncr.nc.gov/blog/2018/10/09/brief-biography-col-david-l-hardee

• 4 weeks later...

My latest, and possibly greatest, acquisition. A USMC Navy & Marine Corps Medal group! It also features a Navy Commendation Medal with a Gold Star, and a USMC Good Conduct Medal with 1 silver & 1 bronze star. As far as I can remember, this was the first mounted N&MC Medal group I ever saw on eBay and I could not pass it up. Unfortunately, the seller did not have the name of the Marine who earned these medals. This is my find of the year. Actually, it's probably the find of the last few years for me. 

N&MC Medal (1).JPG

N&MC Medal (2).JPG

N&MC Medal (3).JPG

• 3 months later...
BarriosMilitaria

Here's the mounted group belonging to Colonel Charles Henry Hilton. He started off his career as a 1st Lieutenant in the 1st Colorado Volunteer Infantry Regiment in 1898, and retired in 1934 as a Colonel in the Coast Artillery Corps. Before his retirement, he commanded Fort MacArthur. 

20200206_141214.jpg

20200206_142616.jpg

14 hours ago, BarriosMilitaria said:

Here's the mounted group belonging to Colonel Charles Henry Hilton. He started off his career as a 1st Lieutenant in the 1st Colorado Volunteer Infantry Regiment in 1898, and retired in 1934 as a Colonel in the Coast Artillery Corps. Before his retirement, he commanded Fort MacArthur. 

20200206_141214.jpg

20200206_142616.jpg

LOVE this group Aleq! Always great to see it!

-Jimmy