Let's see some mounted groups

wolfman

uniformcollector

I love seeing mounted groups and would love to see some from members collections. My camera is down but when its up I will add some from my collection.

Until then here are my two favorite mounted medal groups of all time they are NOT in my possesion but they are really cool an they both have US awards so they should be okay for this forum mods if they are not then please remove them.

attachicon.gif15703_104789899559922_2437613_n.jpg

attachicon.gifKeith-Payne-Medal-Group.jpg

I don't know a lot about foreign medals so, I am wondering how anyone could wear the bottom medal group on a uniform.

I don't know a lot about foreign medals so, I am wondering how anyone could wear the bottom medal group on a uniform.

Keith Payne never wore them mounted like that he wore them like this

post-107343-0-00259600-1369287267.jpg

here's a good photo of him holding his longer rack

post-107343-0-78626300-1369287321.jpg

History Man

I must agree, JS those are great bar mounted sets! Brig, any history on the 2x WIA mount?

Philip

I must agree, JS those are great bar mounted sets! Brig, any history on the 2x WIA mount?

Philip

Yes...quite a bit...it's part of a grouping I'll be doing a write up on when I get the time to scan everything and write it up, like with the Gonzalez group

• 3 weeks later...

Group to Capt. William Seaman (Medical Corps), USN. All three campaign medals are original rim numbered BB&B strikes. Capt. Seaman died on active duty in 1929.

post-10651-0-22988900-1370659480.jpg

I posted this group a while back but I figured I would pull them out again. This is the funkiest mounted group I have ever seen. It looks like a British collector decided to get them loose mounted and I am sure it cost him a fortune to do it too! It is a group to Edward Braham who was a Marine on the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor. He obviously survived and retired as a MSgt in the USAF in 1969. The reverse of the medals are named, probably privately. They do look beautiful, though.

-Ski

post-3043-0-98531200-1371054103.jpg

firefighter

I posted this group a while back but I figured I would pull them out again. This is the funkiest mounted group I have ever seen. It looks like a British collector decided to get them loose mounted and I am sure it cost him a fortune to do it too! It is a group to Edward Braham who was a Marine on the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor. He obviously survived and retired as a MSgt in the USAF in 1969. The reverse of the medals are named, probably privately. They do look beautiful, though.

-Ski

That is an interesting grouping.Look's like mini medals.Can we see the engraving?Don't see to many minis engraved.

My only full size medal bar.

Hope you like it ;)

I like the very crisp details on the European - African - Middle Eastern Campaign Medal.

Greetings Stefan

post-54820-0-61525100-1371064886.jpg

That is an interesting grouping.Look's like mini medals.Can we see the engraving?Don't see to many minis engraved.

Oh, these are not minis! They are full sized! This is what makes them unique!

-Ski

post-3043-0-31473600-1371092675.jpg

They are realy unique! Thanks for showing!

Never saw such long ribbons on a US Medal Bar before.

Greetings Stefan

firefighter

They are realy unique! Thanks for showing!

Never saw such long ribbons on a US Medal Bar before.

Greetings Stefan

I was thinking the something, thats why i was thinking mini's.

Oh, these are not minis! They are full sized! This is what makes them unique!

-Ski

What a great set of medals! I love interesting sets like this

This a bar mounted WWI Navy Cross and Sampson Medal group that I used to own. (It's now in a friend's collection.) The recipient was Capt. Roscoe C. Moody, USN.

post-10651-0-27106300-1371258310.jpg