FOR SALE Section Restrictions

ADMIN

To the USMF Community:

Today the administration modified the restrictions used in the FOR SALE, TRADE, and WANTED sections. In order to place an ad, all members must now have at least 50 posts.

This change is meant for the protection of the USMF community following a recent rash both here and on other militaria boards of newer members posting ads, accepting money, and never delivering the item (or not delivering the purchased item).

We ask all members that, despite these rules, they use caution when dealing with any individual they do not know. USMF (like any other online site) cannot force sellers or buyers to keep their obligations. So, please understand that these sections are still "BUYER BEWARE" and "SELLER BEWARE."

Sincerely,

ADMIN

craig_pickrall

Forum Support

Greg Robinson

Wanted to go ahead and post a PM I received from a member "usncollector" that I believe offers some excellent advice for dealing with folks here and in other online arenas:

Thanks for the new restrictions about the "for sale" section. As I haven't witnessed it yet, fraud was bound to happen here as it has on other forums. The WAF has had numerous troubles with thier "e-stand" and I'm glad you are putting protective measures in place. I would also recommend you caution buyers about sending wire transfers overseas. Authorities in European countries will do little, if anything at all, to get your money back. Even if the deal is $100 on a genuine 101st paratrooper helmet, buyers shouldn't wire the money. They should always use paypal, check, or money order so they have a receipt of payment. Thanks again for making the USMF a safe place for collectors.

Remember guys (and girls), play it smart and be careful! Like they always say, "if it is too good to be true, it probably is." thumbsup.gif