B Co 612th EN BN OIF 04-06

RedLegGI

Posted in a couple Facebook pages that were rummage sale/garage sale types and got some good replies. This grouping all came from a soldier who was wounded while conducting "I.E.D. Patrols" who was deployed to Baghdad with a National Guard unit. Also included is a BDU jacket and pants from one of his officers who gave up his commission and became and E-7, then left the Army and went back to the middle east as a contractor. Hope you enjoy.

DSC01370_zps819b3540.jpg

DSC01377_zpsb3ece05b.jpg

now that is interesting ,the officers bdu is a real twist.........is there any paper?.............dave

The only provenance I got with it was on the combat vest itself, but the entire grouping came together including the flight suit. They got issued them for some kind of helicopter training, but never had it taken back.

I can see if i can get the officers first name from him and get back with you about it.

148thSoldier

Redleg I may be able to help. I was in HHC 612th and know several that were in B Co. That name sounds familiar and can find out about him. Can also help with the Officer BDU. After I left the 612th I joined HHC 148th and that is where I know (now) CPT Cousins from, who was the company commander for A Co. 148th on our most recent deployment to Afghanistan. I would bet money on it being his due to the Ranger scroll combat patch and the 38th Division patch, which the 148th fell under until 2006.

148thSoldier

Also the tie between the uniforms is that CPT Cousins deployed with the 612th in 04-05 to Baghdad.

Redleg I may be able to help. I was in HHC 612th and know several that were in B Co. That name sounds familiar and can find out about him. Can also help with the Officer BDU. After I left the 612th I joined HHC 148th and that is where I know (now) CPT Cousins from, who was the company commander for A Co. 148th on our most recent deployment to Afghanistan. I would bet money on it being his due to the Ranger scroll combat patch and the 38th Division patch, which the 148th fell under until 2006.

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for this info.

Do you happen to know about the rest of the story? Resigning, becoming an E-7 then going back as a contractor?

*edit* The vest and the rest of the grouping were a direct acquire from the soldier. He caught an IED and returned stateside for treatment.

148thSoldier

I know he went back as a contractor I think in 2006-2007 but didnt resigh his comission just put his contract on hold. He deployed with B Co. 612th as a PL to start then half way through became the XO of B Co. He was with us (148th) on our 2008 deployment. Not sure if he was a E-7 before taking his comission but I can find out. As for Springer I havent found anything out yet. Talked to 2 guys that were with C Co. and one from HHC and none of them remember him. I will keep asking around. Let me know if there is any specific info you want.