A little friendly veteran listening lands a AT-4 tube

hawkdriver

This weekend, I was introduced to a young Marine recently back from Afghanistan. He was hit with an IED and was sent home from neck, back and leg injuries and hearing problems bad enough that he will ultimately be found %100 disabled. He told me that when he got home, he bought himself a brand new Trans Am. A few weeks ago, he crunched a wall and the front end was crushed in and the day before we met, got a speeding ticket and didn't know where he was going to get the money to pay the ticket and get his car fixed. In conversation, he mentioned that he had some gear he was wanting to get rid of, so I asked what he had. He opened the trunk of his car and out came this among other things:

k2iyp0.jpg

2m3odmt.jpg

4hfgd0.jpg

u4m8j.jpg

I also got some FROG clothing,and his M-203 grenade belt. I wouldn't take his woobie, told him he needed to keep that for future use.

I've only ran into two of these, one is hanging on the wall at a local flea market, the other I bought at another militaria show. Walked about 30 feet from the table and someone walked up and offered almost triple what I just paid for it. I took the money, kind of wish I had kept it until this Saturday, this is really nice and clean.

Amazing the sights are intact, in good shape!

Once agian it goes to show, developing the situation may pay off - law of averages is in your favor!