Solingen Holler Dagger Bringback

TRR

I had been talking with a lady that responded to my craigslist ad which mentions I buy militaria. She said she had a dagger her father brought back from Korea and that her mother had it wrapped in a towel in a filing cabinet. She found it while going through papers. I said that sounded interesting and I would like to see it. She lived almost two hours away, so it just kind of went back and forth until today when she called and said she was only 30 minutes from me and had the dagger to show me.

This is what she pulled out of that towel:

post-110009-0-31998000-1365468997.jpg

post-110009-0-62789000-1365469000.jpg

Needless to say we talked about it and I explained it was WWII not Korea. She didn't know when the war was, but knew she was born while he was gone and that was the early 40s. She is going to put all the military stuff to the side as she cleans out her mother's house. Apparantly no one in the family was interested in any of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This dagger as well as a partial grind Rohm SA dagger was stolen from an antique mall in Hendersonville, NC. If anyone is offered this, seen it, or has information please direct it to me or the Hendersonville Police Department. Detailed pictures of both can be seen on the forums that are specific to TR items. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Update...this dagger, the Rohm, another unk dagger, and a flag where sold recently in Arden, NC by a lowlife resale store. So the items are still floating around the WNC area and either a German Militaria Dealer or Collector bought them. I do not think the individual that purchased them knows of the origins. I am most concerned with recovery and not prosecution of the current owner.

Tarbridge's recent theft got me thinking about my stuff again and I happened to walk into a lowlife shop that had one of my stolen medals still with my booth tag and initials on display. So of course I asked what else they had and out came the story of these great daggers....

I hope some NC folks will see this. The proper folks have been notified and I hope to have some of the items back next week.

If you need details, feel free to drop me a message, there is much I would rather not post publicly.