2nd Ranger SS/BS/PH KIA Group

tarbridge

Robert,

All I can say is BRAVO! What an incredible group! I'm thrilled that you were able to pick it up and now honor the memory of a young man who laid down his life for humanity.

Thank you for sharing your collection with all of us. We are all better for it.

Allan

Robert,

All I can say is BRAVO! What an incredible group! I'm thrilled that you were able to pick it up and now honor the memory of a young man who laid down his life for humanity.

Thank you for sharing your collection with all of us. We are all better for it.

Allan

I agree!!!!!

The letter your man sent home looks like it is dated March 1 which means he wrote it the day before he was killed in action. A haunting group made all the more memorable by the letters and photos.

Brian Dentino

An amazing grouping and a great reminder of the sacrifices made by so many for others.......and ourselves!

WOW! Congrats on acquiring this AWSOME grouping, Robert. Good Karma! R.I.P. Cpl Bubanovich! Bob

Kurt Barickman

Wow, like I have told you before, you are living correctly! Another Ranger KIA Medal grouping!!Kurt

Going thru the paperwork dealing with Ranger I was looking for his birthdate and I saw that his birth certificate was included. I noticed they changed the spelling of there last name but what caught my attention the most was his birth date. He was born on 8 September 1925 and entered service on 28 September 1943.That made him 18 years and 20 days old upon joining. He was KIA on 2 March 1945 and that puts him at 19 years and 5 months old.

Reading the letters of Cpl.Bubanovich he had the same concerns as all.. At his age and time of life Female companionship was very important,Bubanovich and the other soldiers were very frustrated because of the lack of same. The health of his Dear Mother and sending her money to get by with. He had her a monthly allotment set up plus the extra he would send. He would chide her not to worry as he had nowhere to spend money. The actions of War do show what Cpl. Bubanovich was a man of his time and rose to the occasion.I am sure he was a Tough Kid but reading his letters he was a Good Kid who all tho was embroiled in a World War still worried more about family than himself.

P1010003.JPG

I found out from a forum member who is very knowledgeable on Rangers that Cpl. Bubanovich was a replacement joining Co C on 18 June 1944 at Columieres, France.