WW2 13TH BOMB SQDN DEVILS OWN GRIM REAPERS

JPMMILITARY

JPMMILITARY

FOUND THESE THIS WEEKEND AND MISSED THE WHOLE GROUPING BY ABOUT 5 MIN WITH JACKET MORE PATCHES AND ALL OTHER GOODIES , THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THESE WITH THE FORUM, I DONT KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THEM AS I USUALY FLIP STUFF TO PAY FOR THE STUFF I LIKE TO KEEP, ANY INFO WOULD BE COOOLIO

post-9562-0-04492500-1365460382.jpg

JPMMILITARY

FOUND THESE THIS WEEKEND AND MISSED THE WHOLE GROUPING BY ABOUT 5 MIN WITH JACKET MORE PATCHES AND ALL OTHER GOODIES , THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THESE WITH THE FORUM, I DONT KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THEM AS I USUALY FLIP STUFF TO PAY FOR THE STUFF I LIKE TO KEEP, ANY INFO WOULD BE COOOLIO

post-9562-0-46125500-1365460425.jpg

Johnny Signor

I think these are Korean era made the 13th was in WW2 and Korea , A/B-26's during Korean war .

Johnny

Great and rare patch.

I'm interesting in the 13th BS when it was in Korea although my aviation collection is not particularly focused about this unit. I have been lucky enough to communicate with a vet who sent me some copies of Korean war era pictures and told me some good stories from this period. I hope that I'm going to write an article about this well known unit at Korea war.

Some years ago a collector got an outstanding 13th BS group with the legendary 13th BS red shirt with the same patch as your and a 50 missions squadron base ball cap.

I have an original red cap with skull and bones from the 13th BS in my own collection (I have shown it in one of my posts on the forum). Also I got a copy of "Invader", the book made by the squadron assocation and plenty of very interesting stories that will help me for my article.

Franck

• 5 years later...
InvaderHistoricalFoundatio

These are not Korean War era patches. The Korean War era patches for the 13th BS don't have the little ribbon flaps in the middle. These patches are from 1956, when the unit switched over the B-57 Canberra. The Korean War patches were simply an oval Oscar with a red border. My grandfather served in this unit during Korea, I've got lots of pictures of these people and planes.

InvaderHistoricalFoundatio

Great and rare patch.

I'm interesting in the 13th BS when it was in Korea although my aviation collection is not particularly focused about this unit. I have been lucky enough to communicate with a vet who sent me some copies of Korean war era pictures and told me some good stories from this period. I hope that I'm going to write an article about this well known unit at Korea war.

Some years ago a collector got an outstanding 13th BS group with the legendary 13th BS red shirt with the same patch as your and a 50 missions squadron base ball cap.

I have an original red cap with skull and bones from the 13th BS in my own collection (I have shown it in one of my posts on the forum). Also I got a copy of "Invader", the book made by the squadron assocation and plenty of very interesting stories that will help me for my article.

Franck

I also have a copy of Invader signed by Lucien Thomas. It's a great read!

I think also from the mid 50s when flying the B-57 and on in to the 1960s. Nice patches and would say they are made in Japan.

I was "attached" to the 3rd BW in1959 60 but duty station K-53 P-Y-DO Korea Shoran Beacon Det. Once in a great while a B-57 would do a fly over just to see if we were still there I think (LOL). I did see 13th Cranberries in VN when over flying their base myself 66-67.

They did a good job in direct support of our ground troops among other things.

• 10 months later...

I stand corrected. They are Korean War B-26 patches. I just got a 13th from a B-26 pilots estate almost identical to the non bullion shown. This young Lieut. flew 26s last of the 1953 hot war into the 1954 time frame.

Also , if you have seen a photo of the "Red Shirts" made in Japan for the 13th they have the patch with the 13th Bomb Squadron , etc on them.

A word of caution to those who would say but wait my picture shows this patch not the one you show........patches came and went as were "bought" for the squadron and or bought by individuals just as they have done for every squadron in every war.

Other then the red shirt photos I have never seen a photo of aircrew wearing the squadron patch in Korea. Happy to see some here if you have one or two.