Unknown Armband:

Collector .45

An interesting piece, but I have no idea what it would signify, if from WWII than the two patches are from left to right Army Ground Forces and Army Service Forces, but these two continued to be worn forever, albeit under differant designations.

Uniforms of the Day

Due to the training and transport responsibilities of both commands, as a wild-butt-guess, it makes me think of an "assemble on me" sort of brassard that might be worn at a port of embarkation or rail hub or something? Just an initial hypothesis to get some discussion going!

• 3 years later...

The first one is Forscom patch. I wore it. But lots of units fell under forscom. I wore that Patch while assigned to the 259th EOD at Fort Irwin. Only unit wearing that patch on that installation. We formed the 52d EOD GRP in the early 90's and then wore the 52d patch. Square patch with a bomb in the center with crimson and yellow. I would guess it was a brassard worn at an airport by a Soldier who was collecting new recruits to take them to the installation in processing center.

Smitty

post-162205-0-55784200-1473637875.jpeg