National WWI Museum in Kansas City -- Shoulder Patches

36-tex

Brain Cramp!

I forget this unit, but am thinking it is a African-American unit. I am sure someone can help here.

369th Infantry Regiment, also known as the "Harlem Hellfighters"

• 4 months later...

I am not sure what this is. Is it a Trench Mortar patch?

Yes You are correct Trench Mortar patch and a very nice, looks like it is on black velvet with bullion highlighting. Thanks for the pictures, I will have to get to the museum soon.

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
philliephanatic

I also want to thank you for posting these. I didn't know this museum existed so now Kansas City is on the list of places to visit.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen this ID'd as Army Ambulance Service in Italy.

G

The difference would be what's stitched on the book being held by the Lion of St. Mark. The Ambulance service had "AAS" while the 332 IR had "332" but both had the same basic design.

-- Jon

Correct! Come to think of it, I saw one once with AAS on the SSI and Air Corps collar discs -- it was ID'd as Army Air Service -- it Italy. A real rarey! I am pretty sure someone had his leg lulled on that one.

G

• 9 months later...

I'm glad you captured all of that history in one place. Liberty Memorial really is a great place and museum to visit. Well done, and come on back soon!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
WorldWarPatches

93rd Division 369th Infantry Regiment "Harlem Hellfighters" AKA "Rattlesnake Regiment" started out as a NY national Guard unit

2013-04-06 13.19.37.jpg

• 4 months later...

df83ccd092e27d178f44c11a72ffed38.jpg
While not a patch, I donated a shaving set just like this one to that museum when I lived in Kansas City. It is on display in the doughboys knapsack. I also donated some other items but, don’t know if they are displayed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...