Two free holsters at the local gun shop...

shcpirate

I do a lot of work at my local gun shop. They are mostly black tactical guns so a Smith and Wesson Model 19 to them is an old gun. I help them out a lot. I've helped them make a lot of money, so in exchange for lots of time and about $10 in gas, I came home with these two holsters free of charge. The guns, unfortunately, were not free.

G&K 1918 A.G. inspected

What do the letters on the holster stand for? Any ideas?

P1060241_zps399adbf0.jpg

P1060242_zpsae4fdd2a.jpg

1943 Enger-Kress M3

P1060243_zpsd15a504b.jpg

P1060244_zps5aa3ff7d.jpg

P1060245_zpsf8fec1a6.jpg

Nice work!

Thanks. It probably works out to about a nickel an hour that I work for them, but deals like this make it worth my while. I also get to be first to the trough on anything new through the door, so that in itself is fabulous.

The G&K on the first holster likely stands for "Grafton & Knight", a company which also made m1916 holsters for the m1911A1's in WWII.

Best,

Bill K.

ww2relichunter

very nice holster theese are great and the leather looks to be in good condition still !!

Graton and Knight were located in Worcester, MA and were the largest producer of leather belting (back then used for running machines before rubber belts were developed) in the world at the time, in addition to other leather products. Here is an article from the New York Times with a little info: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=FA0B13F73F5A11738DDDA90B94DF405B888DF1D3

Graton and Knight were located in Worcester, MA and were the largest producer of leather belting (back then used for running machines before rubber belts were developed) in the world at the time, in addition to other leather products. Here is an article from the New York Times with a little info: http://query.nytimes...4DF405B888DF1D3

I had no idea. Thank you.

Also, the holster is marked with two letters (not the US). It looks like IG, IC, I0 or perhaps 0I depending on how it is read. Any ideas on what that might be? Should I put this up in the holster subforum? Thanks.