America's Black Sea Fleet: The U.S. Navy Amidst War and Revolution, 1919-1923

patches

bunkerhillburning

Nice to meet a fellow John Batchelor fan. Really appreciate his segment on new books that hit the market and his interviewing the authors. I missed this radio broadcast detailing this book but its appears to be an obscure bit of history which I really enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up!

It should be an interesting read. I had a ship's log from this time period that I tried to sell but with no takers on here (finally sold it on ePay)...it's a very obscure action, but really interesting to read about. Another recommended book about this time period in the Crimea is "Our Man in the Crimea" about a US Navy officer serving as a liaison to the White Russian forces.

http://www.amazon.com/Our-Man-Crimea-Commander-Maritime/dp/0872498344

Salvage Sailor

I've always found the Russian intervention period very interesting in researching US military history, along with the chronicles of the Czech, Japanese & British involvement in Siberia, Murmansk & the Crimea from 1918 to 1922. Along with the actions of the USN in the Black Sea, I'd recommend reading up on the IJN in the Mediterranean & Russian waters in the Great War & the Bolshevik period. It's an often overlooked period in naval history.