G.W. Stone Fighting Knife

noworky

Hi guys I've been gone for a while and retirement life is agreeing with me working three days a week at a local Idaho gun shop and weather permitting my wife and I fly fishing the other days or what ever. The gun shop I work at is pretty old and some original clientele keeps returning after years of business in the shop. A guy that comes in every day just to shoot the bull told me about several knives he's had for years including he claims about 10 Gerber MKIIs in different configurations. I told him bring some of them in I'd like to see them and maybe take some photos to post on a forum I use to frequent and that's here! Any way he brought in three Gerbers today and this Stone knife which I think is a G.W. Stone knife from Texas. These knives aren't for sale and I told him I'd try to give him an idea of when they were made and an approximate value. I think I can find out about the Gerbers just using the web and the serial numbers but I know nothing about the Stone so anything you guys have to say on date made and value and anything about the maker would be apprecaited. The serial number is A104 and the other side just stamped STONE. Thanks, Chris

post-2455-0-24106500-1365213508.jpg

post-2455-0-95696800-1365213541.jpg

Hi Chris,

It's good to hear from you. Sounds like you are living the life--must be rough! :D

Assuming VG-EXC condition, IMHO value of that Stone knife would be $450 on the low end and $575 on the high end. Here is one like it, S/N A 136:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/849417-G-W-Stone-Early-Knife-Looks-like-a-Randall

There is a guy at the bottom of this other post who says that he worked in Stone's shop. He gives his e-mail address for those who want to know more about Stone knives:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/887529-G-W-Stone-knives-looking-for-info

Good luck!