"The Battle of the Bulge"....British-style!

Sabrejet

Hi Kat. Glad you enjoyed! I posted a selection of my own pics documenting this event on the forum last summer....not that I'm comparing mine to the professional quality of these!! :D

• 4 months later...

Then start making plans to attend next year's "War & Peace" show...the world's biggest such event! ;) Click on "Gallery" for many more pics.

http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk/

Hi Sabrejet, been on their Web-Page, for next year War and Peace, but coudnt find anything on prices. Great photos, thanks for posting them

Hi Sabrejet, been on their Web-Page, for next year War and Peace, but coudnt find anything on prices. Great photos, thanks for posting them

A day ticket was around £18 I think.

Thanks Sabrejet, did find a campsite a few miles away from the show, don't fancy driving there and back home in one day.

Thanks Sabrejet, did find a campsite a few miles away from the show, don't fancy driving there and back home in one day.

Quite right....it's about a six hour drive each way! I stay at a nearby Travel Inn and make a weekend of it. Waaay too much to be seen in just one day! This was its first year at Folkestone...previously...and for the past 25 years or so it was a little further inland, but also in Kent and also a long drive. In the "old days" I used to camp on site with the lads, but these days I like my creature comforts so always stay in the nearest convenient Travel Inn! :D

Quite right....it's about a six hour drive each way! I stay at a nearby Travel Inn and make a weekend of it. Waaay too much to be seen in just one day! This was its first year at Folkestone...previously...and for the past 25 years or so it was a little further inland, but also in Kent and also a long drive. In the "old days" I used to camp on site with the lads, but these days I like my creature comforts so always stay in the nearest convenient Travel Inn! :D

Youve gone soft in your old age ian.....even at my tender age of 49...i /we of 2nd Armoured In Europe still go hardcore on our commemerative trips to the Ardennes in December...and we still sleep "like they did " in barns foxholes and woods....not tents in a field in Kent in July..:-)

regards

Lloyd