Another K-2B Very Light Flight Suit

riflegreen297

riflegreen297

Along with the M72A2 LAW I picked up today, I picked up another K-2B flight suit. This one is in very nice shape. Only real issues are a repaired scovill snap on one cuff and half the data tag is missing. Data tag has the number 8415-265-7381. This one has leather 1st LT. bars on the shoulders and Civil Air Patrol patches with the state of New York shoulder patch. If these were my collecting focus I would be in hog heaven.

095_zps1274fc1f.jpg

097_zps6c8c22bb.jpg

098_zps0f6ff179.jpg

096_zps7e0416ba.jpg

The patch on the right breast was used from Sept. 1954 thru Dec. 1966, so that will give you some idea when this flight suit was used. (Note: the patch continued to be worn by some CAP members for quite awhile after the patch became obsolete.) An additional bit of trivia is that this type breast patch was often called the "Coca-Cola", or "Pepsi-Cola", patch as the colors ressmbled uniform patches worn by the folks that worked as Coke or Pepsi delivery drivers. (Yet another bit of "useless", information us collectors are fond of!)

riflegreen297

The patch on the right breast was used from Sept. 1954 thru Dec. 1966, so that will give you some idea when this flight suit was used. (Note: the patch continued to be worn by some CAP members for quite awhile after the patch became obsolete.) An additional bit of trivia is that this type breast patch was often called the "Coca-Cola", or "Pepsi-Cola", patch as the colors ressmbled uniform patches worn by the folks that worked as Coke or Pepsi delivery drivers. (Yet another bit of "useless", information us collectors are fond of!)

Lee,

Thanks for the info. Knowing the trivial "useless" info about the items are what makes this hobby fun and interesting. I have learned something today.