1st Airborne Parachute Badge?

Had this posted on the Latest Finds Forum but I didn't get any response. Maybe someone here can ID this badge.

Looks sterling but has no markings, is clutchbacked, and is about the size of a standard US parachute badge. Have had it for years and always wondered what it was.

Thanks for taking a look.

post-2731-1205726369.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About 20-25 years ago, there was a recreational parachuting adjunct to the Confederate Air Force (recently changed to the politically correct Commemorative Air Force) that called itself the 1st Airborne Brigade. IIRC they had a patch that was an oversized 1SSF red spearhead with a Big White One. I have never seen this wing, but I suspect that it was one of their tribal trinkets.

About 20-25 years ago, there was a recreational parachuting adjunct to the Confederate Air Force (recently changed to the politically correct Commemorative Air Force) that called itself the 1st Airborne Brigade. IIRC they had a patch that was an oversized 1SSF red spearhead with a Big White One. I have never seen this wing, but I suspect that it was one of their tribal trinkets.

J Andrews. Thank you for the ID. You were spot on. Following up on your information I googled a bit and sure enough found a short history of the group, which included a picture of the "insignia." Thank you again, Tom.