Operation Just Cause Bringbacks

Nkomo

Buffalo Grunt

You have some great items in your collection .. VERY NICE to see. Great to see this post and I hope to see some more PDF Booty .. you don't see too much of it anymore.

Some VERY nice items, Buffalo!

• 1 month later...

One of the guys I was stationed with in Germany gave me this. He spent some time in South American in the early 80's.

Said it was off a beret.

FDN-2.jpgFDN-3.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Some fantastic bring back items from a lesser known conflict. Thanks for posting guys.

Will

One of the guys I was stationed with in Germany gave me this. He spent some time in South American in the early 80's.

Said it was off a beret.

FDN-2.jpgFDN-3.jpg

That is a badge for one of the FDN Contra Special Forces elements. Came out of Nicaragua circa 1980's. Never seen another one like it. VERY nice!

• 2 weeks later...
airborne1968

These two items were brought back by a vet from the 519th MI BN, 525 MI BDE out of Ft Bragg. The first item is a calling or place card (not sure if there is anything written on the back because the frame is sealed. The second items is a pic of the upper left corner of monogramed stationary/ mailing envelop (which is also framed). Both for the captured dictator Noriega. The vet still has a table from Noriegas office that was used during the interrogation operations. I'll try and get a pic of that too.

Tom

post-4228-0-79730800-1371436190.jpg

post-4228-0-74139000-1371436202.jpg

• 8 months later...
kriegsmodell
Arch (Nkomo) has been after me for a while to post this item, so I'm finally getting around to doing just that. A captured bring back and presentation item from a participant of the 75th Ranger Regiment's (Task Force Red Romeo) airborne assault onto Rio Hato Airport and Panamanian Defense Forces (PDF) Base, Panama during Operation Just Cause. The machete is one of the models issued by the PDF and was captured by one of the Rangers who made the combat jump. Overall length of the piece is 27 inches with the blade measuring in at 21 inches. Textured rubber handle has raised "fm" maker's trademark with four steel flush fitting rivets. The reverse side of the machete blade is also deeply stamped with the stylized fm trademark. The obverse side of the blade was hand painted by the Ranger after the hostilities in a five color (dark green, light green, brown, black, and white) camouflage pattern. Almost resembles a tiger stripe pattern. Lastly, an engraved "trophy house style" brass plaque has been added to the center of the blade. The left side of the plaque has a large depiction of a Master Parachutist Badge with Jump Star (nice touch)! The right side has the engraved wording "Operation Just Cause" - DEC 20 1989 - RIO HATO. The Just Cause line is in fancy script font while the remainder is simple block lettering. There is no sheath. I suspect this was a "wall hanger". An interesting captured and presented piece that was purchased from a fellow forum member and previously resided in an advanced West Coast edged weapons collection. Hope you enjoy the pics ......

post-3151-0-41503100-1394641432.jpg

One of the best machetes I've seen come back from Just Cause. Thanks for sharing this piece, Lance.

When I was re-enacting in the 90s, someone bought an M-1 rifle from a Panama vet who apparently 'forgot' to turn it in during a weapons roundup after the invasion. Anyway, the guy showed me the stock which had stamps and painted Panamanian unit markings for the rifle rack it was taken off of. He offered to give it to anyone who wanted it as he'd found a good WW2 marked stock set for the action and didn't need or want to Panamanian marked wood. All of us turned him down because we couldn't use it for reenacting or restoration of a rifle to WW2 configuration (not easily, anyway). I kick myself every time I think about that...

great items from a forgotten war, My son was at Howard AFB. He brought back several patches and spent shells off a C130 gun ship. I still call them Puff the Magic Draggon. They would make a run then come back to Howard to reload and was kicking the brass out the door and the ground people would grab them. He was in a position up on their radar attenna and could watch them making their runs over Panama City. Outside the main Gate to Howard was a Panama Police Station( spy station) At the start of the action "PUFF" put a 105 round through the roof. Just the walls left standing