A Interesting NYC Civil War Reenacting Group.

patches

Now being from NYC I always cruise for historical stuff relating to NYC, I found this site by accident, and found it cool, it deals with the German regiments formed in NYC. One of my friends actually is a member of this group, have a look at the photos a little more carefully, he the one in the 52nd NY with the long hair and full beard, for every day use he has it braided in a pony tail, can't do that here when he's in uniform, he's got to let it down :lol: he also is a tattoo artist, so he is covered in them :o he has to keep covered real good :lol:

http://52ndnysv.com/

If there is anyone in the NYC area that is wants to do live firing shooting with CW muskets or cannons or is already a reenactor. I am a member of Winslow's Battery D 1st NY Light Artillery. We are an N-SSA team and we go down to FT. Shenadoah in Winchester every May and October to compete in competion. While we do do some events of a non-live fire locally most of the events are N-SSA related. If interested please send a PM here. We are based out of Staten Island, NY but have members in NY,NJ and PA.

Mack