Different CBI blood chit

SteveR

Steve, the best reference to these things is the book by Baldwin the blood chit story. BEWARE these are being made in mexico on cotton they are all over ebay generally these have a cotton backing sewn around edges it looks as if the one you have pictured has been trimmed around perimeter if you obtained this example recently it just might be a fake ,Hecho in mexico these chits are very good coming complete with soiling and wear but i am no expert and most all my knowledge on these things come from Baldwins book.I also have my concerns as it is missing a few seals and serial numbers.

post-415-1168906092.jpg

Yes, the guys ebay handle is johnny b good or something similar

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the information. crying.gif:D

I believe I will do a Chinese offering and offer it up to the gods. thumbsup.gif

The main reason I bought the damned thing was because it is similar to a paper British blood chit I was given by a British flyer that trained at a local air base here in Oklahoma in 1941.

Oh well stuff happens :) Anybody got any KY jelly. I feel a little raw. w00t.gif

I have been dooped on one of those hecho in mexico chits.I bought mine from a local shop dealer who just got it from an antique show that was in town.He thought it was real and so did I.I had sent a picture of it to Baldwin through a friend and he gave me the scoop.

I have been dooped on one of those hecho in mexico chits.I bought mine from a local shop dealer who just got it from an antique show that was in town.He thought it was real and so did I.I had sent a picture of it to Baldwin through a friend and he gave me the scoop.

Thanks Dustin I really appreciate it.

Steve