103rd Aero Sqadron Insignia Pins? Belgian Squadron pins

Michael Sarro

Michael Sarro

I have these two very nice 103rd Aero Squadron screw back pins. These look similar to the WWI 103rd Aero Squadron ones I've looked at online but I haven't seen these exact ones. I believe they are WWI and have two screw back posts on each pin. Each has "tenacite" written on it which I believe translates in French to Pursuit or Doggedness. Just curious if anyone has any feedback on these as to whether these are period or post WWI i.e. 1920's or so and if these are common or not. Thanks.

post-109953-0-06038900-1364753663.jpg

post-109953-0-83090600-1364753663.jpg

post-109953-0-54442600-1364753664.jpg

According to Guido Rosignoli's book airforce badges and insignia of ww2 these badges are for the Belguin Airforce. The red one is for the 11/v1/1 Sioux Rouge I presume a squadron. The blue one is for 9/v/1 Sioux Bleu.

The are exactly as illustrated in the book for Belguim ww2. I'd bet if you looked in the right place you'll find there still active.

Michael Sarro

Thanks for the links. I actually found one of them yesterday in my searches. Appreciate the help. I acquired a lot of this stuff years ago when my father passed away. Wasn't sure what these two pieces were. Any thoughts on value?