Latest Flashed and Ovals for me

Airborne97

Grabbed these (and a bunch of doubles) over the last 2 weeks from various sources on the web and around town.

I love the 5th Gpr Bullion flash. I've been looking for a 10th Grp stryker bar for quite some time now, glad to finally have it.

I know the unassigned Rigger oval (not really sure why it's that way though) but anyone ever seen the reversed colors Qm one before?

Grab the 501st but i'm almost 99% sure that they don't wear a beret and this was made by mistake. It's made no different than any other current 82nd Flash

VR Earle

RecentfindsMar13_zpsbf5dda76.jpg

First let me say, nice grouping of F & O's. Thanks for showing.

I'm not sure I follow the term "unassigned rigger", either you are or your not. I assume you are talking abot the two ovals in the bottom row.

Up to the late 60's there was a "generic" QM design which had a buff center with a green wide border but it was not merrowed edged. It was used by small detatchments of riggers in the Active, Rerserve, and ARNG elements that had no design of their own. These days units like that use the QM School F & O.

To date I have no confirmed ID on the two ovals you show here.

Thanks, the unassigned part was just what came with it when i bought it.

I do plan on asking Carlos if he's seen these 2 before and who they may belong to. I thought maybe one of the rigger companies like the 600th or 612th tried to change there oval around here and i know the other one is just a reversed one.

The two ovals (bottom left and center):

The Green Border with buff/tan center I believe is for the 11th QM Co, 8th ID.

The buff/tan border with green center I believe may be a manufacturers error of the above oval.

Hal