Show Your U.S.M.C. WWII Mark II "ka bars"

BOB K. RKSS

PAL with rare original sheath marked "PAL BLADE Co." (unfortuately a previous owner decided to put wax on grip & sheath; which does protect leather, but I like original / untouched: the best!

post-283-1168899293.jpg

post-283-1168899375.jpg

post-283-1168899418.jpg

post-283-1168899449.jpg

post-283-1168899481.jpg

I need to take pictures of my Mark 2 collection to post, but I already have a picture of this one, so I'll go ahead and post it.

GB

PS Can we also post photos of Vietnam era Mark 2's? I also have a Conetta, a Camillus and an Utica from that era.

post-70-1169006871.jpg

post-70-1169006904.jpg

Greg Robinson

PAL BLADE COMPANY made a handsome USMC 1219c2 knife. They're all the same having early features such as red spacers in handle and round blade tang peened to a heavy pommel. And they all came in a unique scabbard having bright steel small headed domed rivits. Early scabbards had maker marks.

post-4-1169030132.jpg

post-4-1169030181.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Greg Robinson

BC 41

That's a beautiful example of the WW2 CAMILLUS USMC 1219c2. Most collectors flock to the "KA-BAR" brand (UNION CUTLERY) because of the name but CAMILLUS made a nice knife and it's much harder to find. And yours has original scabbard with "care tag". Thanks for sharing.

Greg Robinson
Anyone have a ROBESON ~ U.S.M.C. ?

A few years ago I was told about a mint Robeson USMC available for sale. The guy who told me this was going to broker the sale so by the time he added his cut the price was going to be high....I was told around $1300+. Seemed ridiculous at the time so I declined. Today that'd be a good deal. Nice ones have now moved into the "unobtainable" catagory. So when I had a chance to buy one with nice hilt but pitted and re-blued blade I bought it. It's not bad from the guard back although heavily cleaned but the blade hasn't a trace of that original gorgeous polished blue finish which is their trademark. I keep hoping to see one for sale at some antique store but it ain't happened yet.

Greg

one from my collection...shame it has the wrong scabbard,would like to find one to match the knife gut that took me long enough to fing..will try to post better pics of this one as its a real nice one..shame i can only take pictures in wobbley mode.

post-420-1171224581.jpg

post-420-1171224581.jpg