Hoist Operator Safety Vest

Delta-Fox

Hello guys,

wanted to share with you all my newest collector piece for my growing collection. My friend who served in Iraq, made me a nice gift for Eastern :) :) :)

Its a brand new HOSV, dated Februray 14, 2003. Made by WESCO INDUSTRIES, INC. in Texas

HAPPY UPCOMING EASTERN TO YOU & YOUR FAMILIES!!!

Andrew

post-62664-0-31359300-1364590470.jpg

post-62664-0-46013600-1364590477.jpg

post-62664-0-03324600-1364590508.jpg

That is what we always called a "Monkey Harness" They started out as gunner harnesses for the Huey Crewcheifs. Once the Airsave vest came about with it's integral monkey tail, these were soon removed from service. It's interesting to see a 2003 contract on them, someone obviously decided to bring them back. We threw all ours out and I scavaged one from the trash and used it for my deer stand for a long time.

Really neat item !! Reminds me of a modern version of what we used to call gunner belts.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks alot for your comment and the picture.

Greets from Germany,

Andrew

That is what we always called a "Monkey Harness" They started out as gunner harnesses for the Huey Crewcheifs. Once the Airsave vest came about with it's integral monkey tail, these were soon removed from service. It's interesting to see a 2003 contract on them, someone obviously decided to bring them back. We threw all ours out and I scavaged one from the trash and used it for my deer stand for a long time.

Thanks for that information.

Greetings from Germany,

Andrew

northcoastaero

I believe that this vest is pictured in the mid 1990s flight gear related book titled

Bone Domes and Speed Jeans.