Major General James Kirk Grouping

0811gysgt

This is a grouping that I have had in my collection for a few years. When I originally purchased the grouping about four years ago it had an un-named Legion of Merit. Recently, I was able to purchase his named Legion of Merit with the award citation. The named Distinguished Service Medal also came with the citation. All of the medals were complete with their boxes/cases. He scratched the word "National Guard" off of the Mexican Border Service Medal Box.

He rates the observer wings because he was qualified as an aerial artillery observer. He was became the US Army Chief of Ordinance during WWII.

I have seen his uniform sell twice and I was the second highest bidder twice.

post-8847-0-77489100-1364522710.jpg

History Man

Great group, quite the accumulation of medals as well! Hopefully one day you WILL be the highest bidder for the uniforms.

Philip

Great group, quite the accumulation of medals as well! Hopefully one day you WILL be the highest bidder for the uniforms.

Philip

Thank You Philip... It is one great uniform too. Here are the pics of the uniform and his retirement accolade.

post-8847-0-59492800-1364528656.jpg

post-8847-0-06331200-1364528668.jpg

firefighter

Middle name Tiberius? Neat Group.

LOL! I was wondering who was going to make a comment.If you have Spock's medal grouping that would be awesome.

Seriously though that is a beautiful group.Thank you for sharing.

aerialbridge

Nice historical photo of Major General James Kirk, Chief of Small Arms Branch, accepts Serial #1,000,000 for an Inland M-1 carbine:

Stunning medal group, maybe fate will smile on you and the third time will be a charm for obtaining the uniform. I enjoyed seeing the picture of General Kirk holding the M-1. James Kirk slightly resembles George C. Scott.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations, you too. This would probably qualify as my favorite grouping ever (and that is saying something).

• 1 month later...