Japanese Items Brought Back From Buna Mission-Including Piece of Mitsubishi Zero

p2tharizo

The green paint is a very eerie color in person-I'm not quite sure why, as obviously I've never faced a Zero in combat, but it just is. The other data plate I believe is from a Zero as well. The item with the photo of a young man on it I believe to be some sort of ID? I am also unsure about the item with Kanji and the photo of the men. Maybe a propaganda leaflet? I also have a post (link below) looking for more info on the young man that sent these items home, I'd like to know if he made it home himself.

Link:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/172134-looking-for-info-on-wwii-127th-infantry-vet-32nd-div/

S5000050_zpsd234fa91.jpg

S5000054_zps4fe6a352.jpg

S5000074_zps6f1f5da8.jpg

S5000073_zpse3331ac0.jpg

S5000057_zps63370c77.jpg

S5000058_zps6cda2fbf.jpg

S5000060_zps2e6a22e7.jpg

This is a great 32nd Division group, if you ever want to trade it let me know! I really like the 32nd attributed stuff. Scott.

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am a Japanese collector. FYI, the notebook is a driver's license and the leaflet is a US dropped propaganda. The plate is for batteries, but no inidication of ZERO.