Brush your Teeth! Tooth Paste WWII-Vietnam

RustyCanteen

El Bibliotecario

My experience with footlocker displays was that uniformity was the overriding issue. I don't recall what brand of tooth powder or paste I had but it was exactly the same as every other one on display. Everyone displayed a pack of red Pall Mall cigarettes. No matter that I did not smoke, everyone had to be uniform. All of the shaving sticks were red. I am still unclear on how to use a shaving stick, but everyone had to have one to be uniform.

Items in my static display were never used. I took my cheap safety razor to the shop and torqued it so tight it was impossible to open, thus preventing an inspecting officer from finding any corrosion or dirt. I kept the same white towel tacked into place lining the tray--two years later when I cleared the unit it had a big yellow square faded on the exposed part.

EdwardJReed

I know this is out of the date range for this post but I couldn't resist. I've seen original WW1 photos of gear inspections where you can make out the "Pro-phy-lac-tic" brand name on the tooth brush handle. I found this one years ago in it's original 1915 dated box.

Tim

now THAT is a nice rare find! great condition and the original box as well! nice!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
RustyCanteen
On 7/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, MemphisB@lle said:

My "dental" items so far...

Nice collection