Operation Just Cause (Panama) Bringback Officer's Shirt

badash5946

This is a bringback from Operation Just Cause (1989). It is a shirt that belonged to a cadre 2d Lt at the officer school at Rio Hato Airfield, where on 22 December 1989 US Army Rangers parachuted onto the airfield and seized it. This shirt was brought back by one of the 75th Ranger officers, a West Point graduate. Rare to find any bringbacks from this operation.

post-56764-0-09039100-1364315633.jpg

Other shoulder patch. While I mostly collect Vietnam items, this was a part of a very large auction lot of uniforms that I bought about 15 years ago.

post-56764-0-80200700-1364315795.jpg

Pretty cool.Wait til Arch sees this bad boy. ;)

A friend was one of the first 3 Rangers in Noriegas office.Hes got some great stories.He also has a calling card off of his desk.I have an envelope from Noriega.

The story goes when they assaulted the Commandancia they found a closet full of his uniform,caps,boots etc.A very large walk in.Later there was a mechanized unit(part of the 5th ID if I recall correctly)that was carring arm fulls of his uniforms out and putting them in in the vehicles.Later when my friend went to West Point he remembered seeing the officer there that was with the 5th ID that dat at the Commandancia.

I've got a display of patches my son picked up after Just Cause, I have a picture of them but its on my computer back home' He told me the military was real anal about bringbacks. Robert

I've got a display of patches my son picked up after Just Cause, I have a picture of them but its on my computer back home' He told me the military was real anal about bringbacks. Robert

It would be interesting to see them if you get the chance.

Great piece, sir. You are right. Items brought back from Just Cause are few and far between. Love seeing stuff like this. Thanks for sharing!

Here is a link to a PDF chest rig I posted a few months back.

Link: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165707-operation-just-cause-ranger-bringback-ak-strichtarn-chest-pouch/

It would be interesting to see them if you get the chance.

If you scroll down to the beginning of this topic I posted the picture on 19 Janpost-544-0-07687600-1364344204.jpg

• 7 months later...

Another Item my son brought back but won't give me is a 20MM shell casing that came off a C130 gun ship. I still call it Puff the Magic Dragon. It had just made a run on the Commandancia and had returned to Howard AFB to reload. After it reloaded and took off my son ran out on the runway and picked it up from where they had kicked it out

• 1 year later...

Great bring backs.

When I was down at Just Cause, I saw many piles of uniforms as soldiers literally dropped them on

the ground and quickly changed into their civilian clothes and escaped and evaded into the civilian population.

I traveled throughout the AO in the vicinity of Panama City and brought back some interesting things and

hopefully will share. Regret now not bringing back some items which were very common and are in great

demand. Piles of PDF uniforms were swept to the ends of barracks and thrown in dumpsters or burned.

Does anyone remember the name of the PDF G4/Logistics complex a right turn out the

front gate of Ft. Clayton, down several miles? What was it's name? Some great adventures there.

AZ Abn

• 4 months later...
Batallónpaz

This is a bringback from Operation Just Cause (1989). It is a shirt that belonged to a cadre 2d Lt at the officer school at Rio Hato Airfield, where on 22 December 1989 US Army Rangers parachuted onto the airfield and seized it. This shirt was brought back by one of the 75th Ranger officers, a West Point graduate. Rare to find any bringbacks from this operation.

Beautiful shirt